Tuesday 17 May 2011

Dont Stop the Dance

SO I did the radio interview on Saturday, and it was a wonderful experience.
From the strength of that interview, and the response, which was one of the highest they've received on the show, I have now been invited onto the Jeremy Vine show, which is a bigger show on radio 2, and he also presents on tv, but that might be a bit rough, so not sure if I'll do it. I'm speaking to the producer tomorrow and we'll see...
The people from Saturday Live were absolutely lovely, as were many of the listeners, and I had a wonderful time. Although, I had to dash straight to filming for the documentary for six hours, so by the end of the day, was completely tired of talking!
Part of the filming turned out to be an impromptu interview by a neighbor who I'd never met before. She asked what we were filming while we were on the way to meet a potential donor, she asked some great questions, which was a surprise but really fun. The donor was awful and wooden and wore dark glasses the whole time, and kept furtively looking around; it was really weird.
Anyway, this week is fairly quiet as the filmmaker is away and no major meetings with anyone.

Now, I must address something: I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about people who keep going on about my having kids on my own...its simply a choice over not having them at all.
When someone says they are going to climb Everest or run a marathon, do people say, 'but do you have any idea how difficult that will be?' Probably, but it doesnt stop them does it? I have a friend who is on the Olympic rowing team, and last year he was diagnosed with a tennis ball sized tumor in his cervical spine (thats the neck), he became paralysed, but after the surgery, went from relearning to walk, to being back on the team and rowing 100k a week in 7 months. I'm sure people at least thought, even if they didnt tell him, that he was deluded to even think about making a comeback, but as he has always been a top amateur athlete and was born with club foot, and had 12 surgeries to correct it when he was small, I dont think he would have listened if they had. He started by getting a black belt in martial arts, and went on to being on the ski team, and then the bobsledge team, then the rowing team. Now that's insurmountable odds. I'm not doing anything so extraordinary, its just that I am making it public, so people are paying attention.
I am much tougher, more together and more organised than I have ever been, and definitely feel much more able to cope than I ever would have. Plus I have a huge amount of support. And I would also say, that people cope with harder things. Wanting something so absolutely makes it easier, because when things get rough, one can always look back and realise that the goal has finally been reached; the joy of that will carry me through. Also, depending on who the donor ends up being, they will be involved and supportive, and that is the kind of donor I am looking for. So everyone stop worrying so much! I love you and I appreciate that you care, but just stop worrying! There. Thats my soapbox done for the day!

So here I am, having started my journey, and firmly on my way, but not anywhere near the end...so the song for the day is as this post is titled, by Roxy Music

Night night
*:-) Lulu


No comments:

Post a Comment