Sunday 24 October 2010

Mad Englishmen & Dogs Out in the Sunday Noon

God I hate weekends around here! All the tourists and Sunday dog walkers coming in like they own the place ARGH.
I used to think it was just me, but after having chatted about it, and seen it first hand with neighbors that are usually quite peaceful, I know its a larger problem.
You set out for a leisurely Sunday stroll and then some 'outsider' (I use the term partially tongue in cheek, hence the quotation marks) comes along and spoils it, either by saying something rude or having a rude dog. They have no dog etiquette. But apparently this does not exist only in the doggy populous; I've heard from parents that the 'outsider' children and their parents are equally ill behaved- stealing toys, knocking children down- horrible.
I have been reading quite a bit of Alexander McCall Smith lately (his Edinburgh bits, not the Africa ones) and it does make me wonder if people in Edinburgh are really as better behaved as he says or if he is just speaking through the rose coloured glasses of a true patriot. Perhaps a move to Edinburgh is on the cards... could they really be more morally upright there? If so, weather or not, it would be my dream home, but somehow one rather doubts it. Moral bankruptcy is the norm these days, and I dont know if there is anywhere one can go to escape it.
By the way, this piece was going to be called 'Mission Ab***ed' but even with the asterisks I dont like that word. Anyway, due to continuing health probs I skipped the preg attempt for this month, A is still twisting and turning in the torture of hers and I empathise so deeply. I'm just not sure I can put my health through it again- not this month anyway. I did have my LH which lasted over 24 hours which is quite good, I think.
Still sorting out where to move next, and with D day looming at three weeks to the day, I better sort something soon. Today in effort to clear my head, I baked muffins and cleaned the house, did laundry, all that. That is my usual Sunday ritual but I find its also a good prelude to preparing to pack and move.
Anyway,
Here we go. Where? I dont know

No comments:

Post a Comment