Saturday 30 April 2011

Royal Wedding (and PMT)

Well, nothing like a Royal Wedding to remind you how your life is really shit.
Dont get me wrong, it was absolutely gorgeous, they are a lovely couple, so clearly in love with each other, and I absolutely loved it, and I wish them every happiness, I really do, AND it does restore ones faith in true love... however, it does remind one of the short-comings of one's own life, that is for sure.

I had some really weird dreams last night, not that I remember them, and I am now seriously considering ( and not for the first time in a year) dying my hair back to my natural colour, I mean if being brunette is good enough for a princess, it must me good enough for me...
But, no hasty changes will be made, I know how that can be! Act in hair haste, repent in hair leisure. I am sick to the teeth of what bleach does to my hair though.

And all that romance does shed rather another light on the whole sperm donor thing, I mean hardly happily ever after is it? Hmm...of course, I did know that, but it does bring it front and center.

I'm sure all this is a passing mood, and I'll be back to my normal positive (and I might add, non-PMT) self in couple of days- in fact I almost didnt write this post as its so not in keeping, and also because I have really been struggling quite heavily with the Gullain Barre (see earlier post in this blog for more info) over the last 3 or 4 days. Like most auto-immune disorders, it really kicks up when hormones do, so I usually know when to expect it, but the truth is I havent been taking quite as good care of myself this year, and so the symptoms are worse. Anyway, now I am resolutely back on my super health kick (as opposed to my usual health kick) and back to spending mega-bucks on supplements, and will have to rejoin the gym- daily yoga and lots of walking up and down hills not being enough to turn back the ravages of the auto-immune monster. Still, there's comfort in the knowledge of what is needed do to improve things. The first day I started taking more supplements was the day before yesterday, and I have already noticed a difference, so at least I get to see tangible results quickly. The down side is wondering what will happen to the rent by the end of the month...
*SIGH* Not being paid for one's work really is quite crap.
Ok, enough whinging, I'm nauseating myself (or is that the PMT?)
I thought I was in no state to come up with a song for the day, but actually I am, and here it is:
Tumbling Down by The Venus In Furs

Gee, but it's hard
When one lowers one's guard to the vultures
Now, me I regard it
A torturous hardship that smolders
Like a peppermint eaten away
Will I fight? Will I swagger, or sway? ....

*************

Good question...

*;-)Lulu

No comments:

Post a Comment