Friday 8 April 2011

Seems eons since my last post.
The weather here has been incredibly hot and sunny, more like June than early April, with the one exception, which was the day I last posted. I finally got to the storage room yesterday and got date clothes for tonight and summer clothes for everything else.
Today is Hair Day- Eek! I'm really anxious they're going to screw it up. Not the colourist who seems to really know what he's doing and take his craft quite seriously, but the assistants. That said, I have reviewed all my previous visits to Aveda salons and decided that the damage seems to mostly be caused by the conditioner not being good enough (ironic since they are so big on their products) and assistants who scrub my head like it was a pot with stuck on gunk and then comb it out in the same manner. So, my plan is to bring my own conditioner and comb out myself and no blow dry. its something I have insisted on in other salons in the past but not there, mostly due to feeling intimidated by their evangelical style, but I will be firm, and say these things are non-negotiable!! I do have the photo shoot on my side, let them think they are indulging my jitters about that.
This is going to a fantastic exercise in self-assertion, which isnt always my strong suit! Watch this space for the after report on how I did...
Now as far as The Date goes- I am charting a totally new course in etiquette. Do I tell my date about the article or not? Playing it by ear, as I dont think there is any right answer... I'll say one thing, considering this guy and I have been trying to sort this date for the last 3 months, its amazing its not the foremost thing on my mind, but other things seem to be taking priority these days. Still with everything thats going on I have triple first night jitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment